Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Whatcha Working on Wednesday

Today I am really busy with a lot of things going on so I will quickly post my current projects.

Last week I mentioned that I would begin some fall projects in preparation for my fairs this season. I had pictured a "daisy" wall hanging in last week's "WWW" and explained that I would work it up in fall colors. I selected some Thimbleberries scraps, embroidery thread to match and also bits and pieces of wool to match.

In the first image, (please click on image to see the close up detail) I have already begun stitching the wreath. I still need to applique the wool flowers and leaves and add the button centers to the flowers. "Autumn Blessings" also needs to be embroidered in dark brown.

In the image below, I selected a pattern that I purchased from Rhonda at "Primitive Stitches". There is no wool work in this one, just embroidery. I will complete each wall hanging with binding and ties at the top of each piece so they can hang from small tree branches. I will share photos when they are completed.


Be sure to check out Leslie's blog "My Country Home" to see what other crafters are working on today. Have a wonderful Wednesday!


3 comments:

  1. Love the fabrics you chose for your project ~ can't wait to see it all finished.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun and awesome projects you have going there! I read back a few posts and I love what you did with the oatmeal box. Looks great! Good idea too! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those so far! I just love all of your work. You pick great colors and patterns and do such a nice job!

    Have a great day :)

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete