Monday, January 19, 2009

Log Cabin quilted wall hanging

This is a photo of a quilted wall hanging I made in 2007 and sold in 2008. I had it consigned in a great shop in Hooksett, NH called "Primitive Gatherings". I love to consign my creations there because it is a primitive/country shop decorated with colors and furnishings that compliment my projects. A gentleman purchased this wall hanging and asked the owner of the shop if I could create another one just like it. So I will begin the quilt this week and hope to have it finished by the end of the month. It is log cabin blocks made with Thimbleberries fabrics. I lay out the blocks with the lighter colored values joined in the center, creating an area for me to hand embroider a message. Click on the image for a larger view showing the detail.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deb! So glad you stopped by for a visit. It's no wonder your customer wanted another ... its breathtaking! I can hardly wait to see more of your work.

    Blessings,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete