Monday, March 23, 2009

I'm Back!

Well, it has been a couple of weeks since I have posted to my blog. I apologize for my absence. I have been nursing my cracked and painful fingers back to normal. It was difficult to do any stitching during that time.
I have recently been working on my basement renovation project. I am eager to convert our dark, dirty, dingy and disgusting cellar into my crafting studio. I have about one quarter of the space almost complete. The floor is now cleaned, scraped, etched and painted (3 coats). I have been slowly placing furniture down there as I complete small sections. I am staging different areas with country vignettes so I can photograph my creations in a decorative setting. I finished painting this wonderfully large desk with deep drawers that will be great for storage. I also purchased an unfinished dresser with 12 drawers. I painted it last week and have already filled it with my fabrics and notions. Now the fun begins. I will begin decorating the space to pretty it up and make it cozy for designing, sewing and painting. I will be setting up my stereo for my musical inspiration.
Check back soon, as I have been completing a few projects that I started a while back. I will be posting pictures of them, as well as different areas of my new crafting area.

No comments:

Post a Comment