Monday, March 2, 2009

Wool Candle Mats

Finally, I am back! I just returned from a week-long vacation including travel to Las Vegas and California. Upon returning from the west coast, my hubby and I retreated to our log cabin camp in the Great North Woods region of New Hampshire. There we were tortured with freezing temperatures one day and mild weather the next. We enjoyed several days of snowmobiling with our relatives that joined us.
While vacationing, I brought my craft bag (of course) and managed to design and complete six wool candle mats. I previously sold all three that I had consigned at Primitive Gatherings, so I decided that they are a popular item and I should make more. Each one pictured below is made with bits and pieces of recycled wool and some of them feature hand embroidered details and buttons. All of them are appliqued with a blanket stitch.






















No comments:

Post a Comment