Tuesday, April 28, 2009

This Year's "Mother" Pillow

Back on April 4th I posted a "Mother" pillow that I had made last year around Mother's Day. I featured a picture of that patchwork pillow done in Thimbleberries fabrics. In that post I explained that I would make a couple of pillows for Mother's Day using something more "flowery". Well, I did just that. I purchased a coordinating bundle of fat quarters at JoAnn Fabrics and created two pillows. One of the pillows is pictured below.








The pillow is 12 x 16 inches and features an embroidered "Mother" on a scalloped overlay with handmade yoyo flowers with covered buttons. I included a close-up picture below . . .


I had enough fabric in the bundle to make two pillows (excluding the backing fabric). I have not completed the second pillow yet. It will have binded edges in the lavender color, as I did not have enough of the green fabric left to duplicate the first pillow.

I decided to take the completed pillow to a nearby shop for consignment. The shop is called "Country Pursuits Antiques" and opens for the season this weekend. It is approximately four miles from my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment