Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Whatcha Working on Wednesday

Today I am working on a few projects that are "in progress". I can never work on only one thing at a time. I like to jump from project to project. Most of my friends are just the opposite. They have to focus on one thing at a time and won't allow themselves to begin a new project until the current one is finished. That's no fun!

Pictured below, I am working on some crocheted doilies that I whipped up over the weekend. I have no idea what I will do with them . . . yet! I may create some patchwork candle mats and attach the doily where the candle would rest. I may also create some with wool scraps.







I may tea stain some of these for a "prim" look, or I may add wool pennies to the center to make them into flowers . . . hmmmmm. What should I do?

This picture below is a needlepunch project that I also started over the weekend. I featured a picture of my materials in last week's WWW. I called the project "Pennies and Posies" and hinted that it will be a surprise. It's still a surprise to me. I haven't decided what to do with it when it's finished. Keep checking back to see the result!



Finally, another project in progress, I felt like getting out my paint and brush. I have many, many recycled slate roof shingles that I acquired (free) for painting. I began this picture yesterday by creating a background for a rooster silhouette that I will paint in the center. I traced lettering above that says "Rise -n- Shine". The color scheme will be gold, barn red and black. Check back again for this finished project.


Happy Crafting!

To see what others are working on for "WWW" check out Leslie's blog My Country Home.

2 comments:

  1. Those doilies are absolutely beautiful! I think tea dyeing them would make them even beter. Can't wait to see how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog, thanks to your sister.
    I love what you are doing! Your doilies are amazing...I have never known anyone who could do that...so I am truly amazed!
    Can't wait to see your finished slate pic.
    You have me hooked on your blog now...Looking forward to checking more out!

    ReplyDelete