Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Whatcha Working on Wednesday

Last week, I pictured several doilies that I had crocheted over the previous weekend. I put my thinking cap on and came up with a couple of ideas for how to use them. Pictured below is a candle mat completed with a tea-stained doily attached to black wool.


These two candle mats below are a simple patchwork design using my favorite Thimbleberries fabrics. One of the doilies is a vintage one from my collection.

Another project that I pictured (incomplete) last week was a slate. I have completed "Rise -n- Shine" below. I used acrylic paints to complete the simple rooster silhouette. I finished it with a coat of matte varnish so it can hang outside.

For the third week in a row I am picturing my partially completed needle punch project, "Pennies and Posies". It is about 75% complete. I still haven't decided how I will design it into a completed project. I have several ideas I'm considering, but can't decide yet!


Another project using one of my doilies is this one mounted to a band box. I painted the base of the box black and distressed it a bit. Then I mounted the doily to a wool-on-wool circle with a wool center to create a flower for the box top. I just have to trim out the rim of the lid with either a strip of black wool or some 1" black grosgrain ribbon. I'll see what I have in my supplies.


To see what other creative friends are working on for "Whatcha Working on Wednesday", visit Leslie's blog at "My Country Home".

1 comment:

  1. We do have alot in common ~ I really love being able to help Simon. We do just about everything together & he truly is my best friend. Love the things you've been working on.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete