Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Whatcha Working on Wednesday

Today I am showing off "Pennies and Posies" that I finally finished! I decided to mount it into an old wooden square platter that I painted black and distressed. I attached a picture hanger on the back so it can be hung on the wall or a door.


Another project that I have "in progress" is a baby quilt that I started several months ago for my granddaughter, Norah. I really want to get this finished for her crib. I selected various pinks, greens and off-whites for the patchwork. At the top I attached a muslin band and embroidered Norah's name and embellished it with embroidered vines, yoyo flowers and silk rosebuds. I also embroidered "Made by Grammy's loving hands" in the upper right hand corner. I need to finish tying the quilt and do the binding around the edge. Please click on the image to view the stitching detail.

Here is a closer view of the stitching and personalization detail.


And here is the "star" of the quilt, my precious little granddaughter, Norah!

To see what others are working on this Wednesday, head on over to Leslies blog, "My Country Home" .

2 comments:

  1. Look at precious Norah! Oh my she is beautiful. The quilt is amazing and sooooo girlie, I love it and I know Norah will treasure it forever.

    Your pennies and posies came out so nice. I looks great on the distressed platter :)
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pennies and posies thing really looks wonderful! Great job!

    Oh, and how I love that quilt that you made for Norah! And what a cutie she is :)

    Have a wonderful day!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete