Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Whatcha Working on Wednesday

Today I am listing several projects that I plan to start, or I am already working on. I can't just focus on one thing at a time, I have to have multiple things going on all over the place!

First of all, I completed my wool applique table runner pictured below. I am very happy with the way it turned out. The colors are warm and rich.
As I explained in last week's WWW, I plan to start working on Fall themed projects in preparation for upcoming fairs that I will participate in.

Pictured below is a picture/pattern designed by Heather Waldron from "Patchwork & Stitching" (Australian magazine), Volume 9, Num. 1.
I plan to work this up with the fall colored prints I have selected below, of course they are Thimbleberries! I plan to revise the project slightly by changing the word "Daisy" to "Autumn Blessings", and I will change the daisy flowers to maple leaves and sunflowers. For a hanger, I plan to hit the woods and find the perfect branch to hang it from.

Below is an old wooden box that my husband used for nails. It was destined for the burn pile, along with another larger box and some rough boards. I rescued them before my husband noticed. So far, I have painted the box black. I will distress it and probably make a fall themed wool drape to hang over the front. I will add a potted mum and some bittersweet vines and sell it as a decorative fall arrangement.


Below are the cut up rough boards that I rescued. I grabbed them because I loved the rough nature of the wood and thought they would be great for small signs. I traced the lettering on each of them and just need to paint, distress and wire them. You can't see the words very well in this photo. The top one says "primitives', the second one says "woolens", but the O's will be small wool sheep or pennies. The third one says "country" and the last one says "welcome". I offset the "welcome" so I can attach a rusty star or a wool penny pineapple next to it.



Finally, I have not yet begun my mystery project that I pictured last week. I guess I should start that before my autumn projects just to end the suspense.

To see what others are up to today, head over to Leslie's blog, "My Country Home".





No comments:

Post a Comment