Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Primitive Folk Art Sheep

This morning I woke up with a creative urge. I didn't have the grandkids today, so I decided I would make a project that would come together rather quickly. I looked through a couple of my craft books for inspiration and this is what I came up with. I collect sheep and I love working with wool. I got out my scrap paper and drew a sheep body. Then I cut out the body from unbleached cotton flannel. After sewing and stuffing the sheep, I brewed some tea and painted several applications onto the body to prim it up. I got out my small scrapbag of woolen bits and found three pieces to make the penny rug blanket. For the tail I used real sheep curls that I purchased at a local sheep farm. I painted a black face and ears, added some rusty bells and a rusty wire hanger, and ended up with this little ornie. What do "ewe" think?

No comments:

Post a Comment